Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Moped and Scooter racing

January, 2012 start of a new year! In 2011 I finished strong in the points standings with our local race set (www.pacificscooterracing.com) I tracked 2 different vespas, (a smallframe and a largeframe) and two different mopeds. ( My Batavus racer and a Motobecane that was finished just in time for the last race of the year)
I took 1st place in the moped class, and 1st in auto scooters on my Derbi revolution-powered Batavus grand prix racer, as well as a strong third in the vintage scooter class under 190.
Interesting to note that there were a couple faster smallframes out there on the track than mine, but they were troubled with mechanical failures. Some how I was able to keep my smallframe on the track all year with relatively little maintenance, resulting in good points standings.
The 2012 racing season coming up in just three short months.
For the coming season the roster is this:

Last years smallframe in the under 190 vintage class

Finish the 210 cc largeframe build I started last year for the big track.

Bat/Derbi in the auto and open classes, (Radically modified from last year!)

Motobecane 70 cc in the variated moped class.

I am also building a lightweight Puch rigid swinger frame powered by an polini e50.


Jesse is also helping me to get the Motomatic derbi racer back together for my friend Sean to race this year. Lots of work, lots of fun!
I have resolved this year to accomplish two things, finish my builds BEFORE the season starts, and document them here on this blog.. so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment